Carleton Place’s premier retirement community.
As far as locations go, it doesn’t get any more scenic than this. Overlooking the Mississippi River and nestled alongside the Trans Canada Trail, Waterside is a vibrant rental retirement community in the heart of the Ottawa Valley.
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living Services
- Respite Stays
- Hotel & Trial Stays
We’re planning some great stuff – check back again soon!
Just a short drive from Ottawa, Waterside is conveniently located in scenic Carleton Place. Take a stroll down the street to the town centre and shopping districts to enjoy great dining and year-round special events. On site, landscaped walking paths crisscross our grounds, plus we’re right beside by the world’s longest network of trails – the Trans Canada Trail.
Because you deserve the suite life.
Beautiful. Spacious. Convenient. Safe.
When we design our suites, we take out time to think about what is most important to you. For example, our spacious suites include walk-in closets because we appreciate how important storage is when moving from a larger home. Our kitchenettes feature full-size refrigerators instead of smaller bar-fridge models because we know that sometimes you just want to prepare a snack for the grandchildren instead of heading over to the dining room. Our bathrooms feature a walk-in shower with a built-in seat and safety bars so you can bathe with ease.
All suites include the following:
- Seasonal personal control of heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with full size refrigerator and microwave
- Private bathroom featuring walk-in shower with built-in seat & safety bars
- Spacious walk-in closet
- Large windows with window treatments included
- Neutral suite finishes to let your personal style shine
- Emergency call button system
445 sq. ft.
One Bedroom Sample
539 sq. ft.
+ Den Sample
658 sq. ft.
Two Bedroom Sample
738 sq. ft.
When you're eating well you're living well... and living well is what we're all about.
Our healthy menu options offer you delicious and nutritious homestyle meals made with fresh wholesome ingredients and mouthwatering flavour. Everything made in our kitchen is V!VAlicious, which means equal parts nutritious and delicious. Plus, we get to use all the fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown in our very own V!VA Victory Garden.
Every V!VAlicious dining experience includes:
- Three meals daily: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Mouth-watering dishes prepared by our professional chefs, proven to satisfy even the fussiest
- Table service in the dining room
- A wide variety of menu choices including a la carte and chef specials
- Quality wine selections available with meals
- Gourmet and theme nights
- Perks! bistro-café for fresh coffee, snacks, and baked goods all day
- A private dining room available to entertain family and friends
- And much more!
From organized events to spontaneous trips around town, every day is great and different because there is simply so much to do!
Here are some of the great activities our Community Members have recently enjoyed:
- Healthy living lectures
- V!VAfit senior fitness classes
- Cooking and baking demonstrations
- Lectures on historical and current events by local experts
- Wine tasting events
- Shopping trips to local malls, town centers and farmer’s markets
- Visits to the local library, house racing venue, and baseball or hockey games
- Group trips to museums and art galleries
- Whatever puts a smile on your face!
From an on-site café and pub to a full selection of wellness amenities (including a Brain Gym!) there is so much to do each and every day.
Whether you're looking for some well-deserved pampering from a hairdresser or manicurist, or a concierge to help carry in your parcels, or just the simple peace of mind that comes from knowing your needs will be noticed and met, you'll find it right here. From lifestyle activities to wellness and healthcare, your V!VA Retirement Community has everything you need.
All the freedom you could ask for in the comfort & safety of our friendly community.
At V!VA, we believe in providing more for less - larger suites, healthy and delicious dining, more amenities and activities. All for a monthly rent that is equivalent or less than what has traditionally been available.
All-inclusive suites start from just $3,150 / month
To find more about the great value offered at V!VA compared to what you typically spend living in a house or condo, please click on the document icon to download and print our helpful cost comparison worksheet.