A Heart Healthy V!VAlicious Recipe
Published on February 20, 2020
February is Heart Healthy Month, and to celebrate, we’re sharing a favourite V!VAlicious recipe for Mustard & Herb Pork Tenderloin from one of V!VA’s longest-serving and most talented Executive Chefs, Lindsay Harris of V!VA Pickering.
“I love this recipe for many reasons, the obvious being the limited and simple ingredients list. It’s a great example of a V!VAlicious dish, because it is both delicious and nutritious,” Chef Harris shares. “The preparation time is another bonus; from start to finish, this recipe takes no longer than 20 – 25 minutes to produce. The key factor is one many people do not recognize: ounce for ounce, pork tenderloin is just as healthy and low in fat as chicken without the skin. All in all, it’s easy, healthy, and limited in ingredients – and it’s one we have about twice a week in our house!”
Feel free to try this delicious recipe at home! Or better yet, give us a call and book a complimentary lunch and tour at your local V!VA Retirement Community location for a taste of the good life at V!VA.
MUSTARD AND HERB PORK TENDERLOIN
1 Pc Pork Tenderloin
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Clove Fresh Garlic – Finely Minced
1 Bunch Parsley – Chopped
1 Bunch Sage – Chopped
1 Bunch Rosemary – Chopped
1 Bunch Thyme – Chopped
- Massage the tenderloin with oil and 1 tbsp of the mustard.
- On high heat, add the remainder of the oil to the pan until almost smoking
- Sear all sides of the tenderloin until golden
- Rest the tenderloin for 8-10 minutes
- Rub the remaining mustard on the tenderloin and the garlic
- Mix all the herbs together and layout on a piece of parchment
- Roll the marinated pork tenderloin in the herbs until fully coated
- Put tenderloin in a pan and cook at 365 until the internal temperature reaches 153-155.
- Remove tenderloin and rest for 8-10 minutes before cutting into medallions.