Update regarding COVID-19
Published on March 13, 2020
At V!VA Retirement Communities, the safety and health of our Community Members, their families and our Team Members is our top priority.
Given COVID-19’s elevated risk to older adults, we are being as transparent as possible regarding our response to this evolving situation. V!VA continues to monitor developments and recommendations around COVID-19 through official federal and provincial sources, the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Below is a summary of the key protocols we have enacted to help reduce the risk to our Community Members and Team Members:
As of March 13, 2020:
– Permitting only essential visitors entry into the Community. Essential visitors are defined as individuals visiting Community Members who are very ill. This protocol has been enacted at the advice of the Ontario Ministry of Health & Long Term Care and the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority.
– Screening of all approved visitors upon arrival and logging upon entry and exit.
– Promoting proper hand hygiene for Team Members, Community Members, and guests.
– Making hand sanitizer available throughout amenity spaces.
– On-going monitoring of Community Members for signs and symptoms.
– Implementing travel-related protocols for all Team Members and Community Members, including a 14-day self-isolation period upon return from any affected areas.
– Encouraging social distancing by all Team Members, Community Members and visitors where feasible.
As of March 23, 2020
– Under guidance of a new directive issued today by the Chief Medical Officer of Ontario which is now being recommended by the RHRA and ORCA: As of today, all Community Members are asked to not leave their retirement community for any socializing, including short stays for visits with family or friends. If Community Members wish to see their loved ones, we are asking that they visit together outside on the retirement community’s property while practicing safe social distancing.
Given the restrictions around visitors in the Community, we encourage family and friends to take full advantage of available technology, such as email, phone and teleconferencing (via FaceTime or other apps) to continue engaging with your loved ones.
If you have any questions regarding V!VA’s COVID-19 response, please contact your nearest V!VA Retirement Community and ask to speak with the Community Director or Wellness Manager.
Please check this page often for any updates regarding V!VA Retirement Communities’ response to the COVID-19 situation.