Our response to COVID-19
Published on December 11, 2020
At V!VA Retirement Communities, the safety and health of our Community Members, their families and our Team Members is our top priority.
Given the current pandemic’s elevated risk to older adults, we are being as transparent as possible regarding our response to this evolving situation. V!VA continues to monitor developments and recommendations around the pandemic through official federal and provincial sources, including Public Health, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA), the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility, and the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA).
Below is a summary of the latest protocols we have enacted to help reduce the risk to our Community Members and Team Members.
As per the RHRA’s requirements regarding retirement communities located in provincially designated Red and Orange Zones (currently, all V!VA locations aside from Waterside in Carleton Place), the following protocols are in place:
– Essential visitors are permitted under strict guidelines and must abide by our Visitor Code of Conduct and follow the steps in our Visitor Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) package.
– In-person tours are not permitted. If you would like a tour, please contact your nearest V!VA location to arrange for a virtual tour.
– V!VA Team Members are trained in infection prevention and control, always wear a mask, cohort where necessary, and work exclusively in one location. Plus, all Team Members are screened prior to starting their shift, and bi-weekly testing is available on-site.
– Cleaning schedules at all of our Communities have been increased with a focus on high contact surfaces within high traffic areas and suites.
– V!VA’s new Anytime Dining program gives Community Members the flexibility to dine when they please*, meaning fewer people and more physical distancing in the dining room at any given time.
– Community Members are screened twice daily, and wear masks when outside of their suites and not dining. Activities have been modified to encourage physical distancing while still delivering engaging and fulfilling experiences.
– Thanks to our effective protocols and dedicated Team, many new Community Members have safely moved in during the pandemic.
On December 26, 2020, the province will enter a lockdown phase which will place all regions in a Grey Zone. Under this designation, the above restrictions apply to all V!VA locations.
To learn more about how our Community Members and their loved ones have responded to our efforts, please click on the following link:
Staying Safe Testimonials
If you have any questions regarding V!VA’s pandemic response, please contact your nearest V!VA Retirement Community and ask to speak with the Community Director or Wellness Manager.
Please check this page often for any updates regarding V!VA Retirement Communities’ pandemic response.