Our Response to COVID-19
Published on January 30, 2023
At VIVA Retirement Communities, the safety and health of our Community Members, their families and our Team Members is our top priority.
Given the current pandemic’s elevated risk to older adults, we are being as transparent as possible regarding our response to this evolving situation. VIVA continues to monitor developments and recommendations around the pandemic through official federal and provincial sources, including Public Health, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA), the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility, and the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA).
Visits and tours of our retirement communities are permitted in accordance with provincial guidelines. Visitors must abide by our Visitor Code of Conduct and COVID-19 Visitors Program, and follow the steps in our Visitor Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) package. Please contact your local VIVA Retirement Community for more information.
Below is a summary of additional protocols we have enacted to help reduce the risk to our Community Members and Team Members.
- VIVA Team Members are trained in infection prevention and control, always wear a mask, and cohort where necessary. Plus, Team Members and Essential Visitors are testing at least twice every seven days. Testing is available and strongly encouraged for General visitors upon each visit.
- Cleaning schedules at all of our Communities have been increased with a focus on high contact surfaces within high traffic areas and suites. Additionally, all spaces used for events or programs are cleaned immediately after the event or program completion.
- VIVA’s Anytime Dining program gives Community Members the flexibility to dine when they please (during dining room hours), meaning fewer people and more physical distancing in the dining room at any given time.
- Community Members are screened once daily. Activities have been modified to encourage physical distancing while still delivering engaging and fulfilling experiences.
- Thanks to our effective protocols and dedicated Team, many new Community Members have safely moved in during the pandemic.
To learn more about how our Community Members and their loved ones have responded to our efforts, please click on the following link:
Staying Safe Testimonials
If you have any questions regarding VIVA’s pandemic response, please contact your nearest VIVA Retirement Community and ask to speak with the Community Director or Wellness Manager.
Please check this page often for any updates regarding VIVA Retirement Communities’ pandemic response.