Our response to COVID-19
Published on May 28, 2021
At V!VA Retirement Communities, the safety and health of our Community Members, their families and our Team Members is our top priority.
Given the current pandemic’s elevated risk to older adults, we are being as transparent as possible regarding our response to this evolving situation. V!VA continues to monitor developments and recommendations around the pandemic through official federal and provincial sources, including Public Health, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA), the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility, and the Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA).
Currently, all V!VA locations are subject to the provincial stay-at-home order. On May 20, 2021, the province announced a new Three-Step Roadmap to re-open the province. Once details are released regarding how this new plan affects retirement communities, we will share them here.
Tours of our retirement communities are permitted in accordance with provincial guidelines. Please contact your local V!VA Retirement Community for more information.
Below is a summary of the protocols we have enacted to help reduce the risk to our Community Members and Team Members.
– Essential visitors are permitted under strict guidelines and must abide by our Visitor Code of Conduct and follow the steps in our Visitor Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) package.
– V!VA Team Members are trained in infection prevention and control, always wear a mask, cohort where necessary, and work exclusively in one location. Plus, all Team Members are screened prior to starting their shift, and testing is available on-site.
– Cleaning schedules at all of our Communities have been increased with a focus on high contact surfaces within high traffic areas and suites.
– V!VA’s new Anytime Dining program gives Community Members the flexibility to dine when they please*, meaning fewer people and more physical distancing in the dining room at any given time.
– Community Members are screened twice daily. Activities have been modified to encourage physical distancing while still delivering engaging and fulfilling experiences.
– Thanks to our effective protocols and dedicated Team, many new Community Members have safely moved in during the pandemic.
To learn more about how our Community Members and their loved ones have responded to our efforts, please click on the following link:
Staying Safe Testimonials
If you have any questions regarding V!VA’s pandemic response, please contact your nearest V!VA Retirement Community and ask to speak with the Community Director or Wellness Manager.
Please check this page often for any updates regarding V!VA Retirement Communities’ pandemic response.