It’s Apple Season!
Published on September 15, 2021
Apple dessert recipes are perfect for the fall. They bring comfort and joy to family gatherings and celebrations. Using simple, local ingredients and delicious flavors, Executive Chef Robert Robertson from V!VA Oakville shares an easy (and delightful!) recipe you can doll up with your favorite ice cream.
Try this recipe for your next gathering and impress your guests with a treat that will have them asking for seconds.
Northern Apple Bread Pudding
16oz French Bread Dry
1 ¾ lbs Gala Apples
5 Tbsp Butter
2 ½ Tbsp flour
3 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Brown Sugar
5 Large Eggs
2 Cups 2% Milk
4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Cut bread into ½ inch cubes.
2. Peel, core, and dice apples.
3. In a medium size bowl add all ingredients and whisk together (except cubed bread).
4. Pour whisked ingredients over cubed bread in a 9×13 casserole dish and let soak for 15 min.
5. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 min
Serve up with vanilla cream and/or caramel sauce. Enjoy!