A V!VAlicious Summer-Ready BBQ Recipe
Published on June 26, 2020
Maple Cilantro Turkey Burgers with Roasted Sweet Baby Pepper Salsa
Embrace BBQ season with this delicious recipe from Executive Chef Bruce at Waterside – A V!VA Retirement Community. Bursting with colour and flavour alike, this dish is perfect for a warm summer evening. Add in the grilled corn on the cob and a summer fresh fruit salad alongside, and your guests will be asking for seconds.
Executive Chef Bruce is a big fan of rustic ingredients and the easily achieved flavours that the high heat charring barbeque can bring out of fresh vegetables and meats. Like Bruce says: “ You can make your own call on how deep you want to get into that charring experience.”
Try out this recipe at home or call us to book a virtual tour at your local V!VA Retirement Community location for a taste of the good life at V!VA.
Maple Cilantro Turkey Burgers
24 oz. lean ground turkey
1/2 tsp salt, or as desired
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Small bunch fresh cilantro / chopped
4 tbsp. maple syrup
Instructions:1. Add ground turkey to a medium mixing bowl. Add all ingredients.
2. Hand mix until all combined. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into patties about 1/2-inch thick.
3. Lightly oil grill.
4. Cook turkey patties on BBQ until golden brown on bottom, about 4 – 5 minutes; flip and continue to cook until cooked through.
5. Serve warm in toasted buns with toppings of choice and Sweet Baby Pepper Salsa.
1 doz Baby multi color pepper
½ red onion/thick ring cut
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Fresh chopped cilantro and parsley
Cut and remove seeds from peppers; lightly oil and season onion & peppers with salt and pepper; cook on BBQ to desired charring. Remove, cool, then coarse chop and add to other ingredients.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
8 ears corn, husked (or desired amount)
8 tbsp plain butter or seasoned butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Corn on the Cob Instructions:
1. Preheat a gas grill over medium high heat to about 450 degrees. Brush grill grates clean. Once grill is preheated, place corn on grill, leaving space between them. Let grill (with lid closed) until charred on all sides, turning every few minutes, about 8 – 12 minutes total.
2. Roll in butter or spread butter over hot corn, if using unflavored butters season corn with salt.
Garlic Parmesan Butter
8 Tbsp butter, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
1/2 cup finely freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
Garlic Parmesan Butter Instructions
Mix all together with salt to taste as needed.
Honey Lime Summer Berry Salad
Fresh strawberries, chopped
Honey Lime Dressing
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp lime zest
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Fresh Chopped Parsley & Cilantro
1. Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice.
3. Pour over fruit and toss to evenly coat.